Wednesday 7 April 2010

Pompy



Hi everyone, I am sorry that I have not been on for a while, I was hoping by this time I would have received some photos of my day teaching at my sister Lainey's place of work, the above photo is Lainey and my nephew Andrew, we nipped into Bogna Regis after visiting my mums grave at Chichester, it was a lovely warm day.
I can't call it working when I visited Lainey's place of work, it was FUN FUN, what a great day I had, arrived for 9.30am, got all set up with my machine and introduced to all the service users, what a lovely bunch they where. I had a shadow for the rest of the day his name was Paul, he was so interested in the machine and helped me all day. All the users decorated their bags, put their names on them so everyone was different. In total we made 20 bags, those that did not get finished I took back to Lainey's and finished them all off for them.

Paul who was my shadow was telling me that it was soon his birthday and was getting a new PSP!!! and did not have anything to keep it in so I made him his own case with his name on and wrapped it up for his birthday, I also brought him a card, normally if you are staff you are not allowed to buy or make them anything, but as I was a visitor it was ok.

I had my photo taken with each one and was hoping to have them sent to me but no luck, the smiles on their faces was brill, it was a pleasure doing what I did and have been asked if I would do it again, of course I said yes.


I had a lovely day on the Monday, I went sight seeing on my own, I visited HMS Victory and HMS Warrior, Portsmouth Cathedral (which I must declare I did not know was there)!!! how bad is that. The Mary Rose was closed off due to refurbishments going on, but I look at the museum which was great.

The photo's are Portsmouth Cathedral and the Stateroom on HMS Victory, I never get fed up visiting the Victory and Warrior, but I think my favourite is Warrior!!!!







3 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you had a great time!!! We've missed you though and you've missed a lot!!! Welcome back!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie Glad you're back, sounds like you had a great time. You need to read some older posts too you know, you might find something interesting !

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Connifer! scary how alike you and Laney are I thought the photo was of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them!